Monday, August 12, 2013


Luxembourg is awesome!!! Everything here is so cool! Literally Everyone here in this country speaks at least 2 languages. Most of them can speak Luxembourgoise, French, and usually English. And a ton of other people speak Spanish or Portugese. I would say more people speak Spanish or Portugese than French. Its really weird. And Some of the members in the ward are from the US and only speak English and there are some others that only speak Spanish. Then there are the rest that can speak French and English and another language too... But for me, I feel like my French will go down because its not as needed here... which is bad because I still am not fluent yet...
So my companion's name is Elder Bananier. He's from Guadalupe (an island in the Caribbean). His native language is French but he's fluent in English so thats good. He was actually called to the Paris mission speaking Spanish, so he knows Spanish too. And he's picked up Portugese as well because there are so many people that he's spoken with who speak Portugese. So he's been out on his mission for around 7-8 months. After the MTC, he came here and his first area was Luxembourg.  So he's actually never left here yet. This is his last transfer in Luxembourg. 
I also live with two other Elders. Elder Esparza, who is from Germany but originally from Ecuador. And Elder Dicataldo, who is from Italy. This is Elder dicataldo's last transfer of the mission so I'm with another Elder who's going home in a few weeks. But Elder Esparza is in the group behind me so he's kind of new here. And they both are fluent in English so that makes me happy.
So there are some investigators here who are really close to baptism. So hopefully we'll get a few baptisms in the next few weeks! And I have no idea what's going to happen with Abra in Orléans.

1 comment:

  1. You could learn all kinds of languages. What an opportunity.m iI hope your investigators accept the baptism invitations.

    ReplyDelete