This was a pretty good week. It went by fast! We went to Paris for legality stuff for my companion, then that night we took a train to Nancy. We stayed the night with the missionaries there in their apartment. We slept on these chair pads with some bed sheets for blankets... it’s not bad, I could be sleeping on some hard dirt somewhere else in the world, so count your blessings right?
The conference was pretty good. I knew some missionaries in the
apartment, and so I met the other ones that were there too! There's this
missionary "tradition" that when you train a new missionary, you go
to this store in Paris and the new missionary picks out a tie and you buy the
same one. Then you both wear it when you go to a big conference (like zone
conference) so you're both wearing it when the trainer presents his missionary
to everyone else. That’s why we had
matching ties on.
About the Muslims, yes, there are a million of them. It’s
completely normal that they walk around with traditional clothing covering their
whole body, sometimes even their whole face!!
People don’t really make the French pastries that you buy at the
pastry stores, because it’s hard. The baguettes are good, they're really hard
to chew though. I don’t buy a whole lot of them. We just buy the classic sliced
sandwich bread at the store every week.
And that slideshow you sent was really cool. It was great seeing
everyone serving from the ward! Who's
the next person to leave / come back home?
And no, I’m not getting transferred, still in Mulhouse.
Hope I answered some of your questions. Time to go, see ya next
week!
No comments:
Post a Comment