Conference was pretty awesome yesterday! I saw the Saturday
morning session on Saturday night. It
was live! Then on Sunday we watched
Priesthood session and Saturday afternoon session, and then at 6pm we watched
the Sunday morning session, live! Then we went home. It was really good though!
I was at the church for pretty much the entire day!! Anyways, I really liked all
of the talks, and choosing one is really hard. I really like Elder Holland’s
talk, Elder Rasband (that guy that spoke after) Bishop Gary Stevenson, Elder
Richard G Scott and Russell M Ballard, and Elder Hallstrom from Priesthood
session. And Elder Eyring’s from priesthood session also. Haha I laughed when
Elder Holland gave that example, because worse stuff happens to us then getting
mashed potatoes thrown at us. Haha but I think I really liked the one from
Bishop Gary Stevenson. He talked before a few years ago about the story of the
guys in Japan, there's a Mormon Message video about it that’s really good. And
I think he could get another Mormon Message. I think most of them could get
Mormon Messages! I wasn’t able to watch the last session, I’ll watch it, or
read it, some other time.
No I’m not going to Paris for legality. For legality the second
year you just do it by yourself, in your own city. There’s no need to go to
Paris. And for transfers next week, I don’t care where I go. I would actually
like to stay on the eastern France... there’s this city, Nancy, in the east,
and it’s a really, really cool city. I've been there a few times because I was
in the Nancy Zone when I was in Luxembourg, and I would love to go there. But I
doubt that'll happen. I have no idea where I'll go (or even if I leave), but
I'll just guess that I'll leave and go to Brussels.
And no, there is zero news about the temple here. There’s always
the saying “No news is good news”, but I think in this case it’s the opposite.
Last summer, Dallin H. Oaks came to Paris and in his conference, he said the
reason why it’s been a long time for France to get a temple is because the
people don’t pay their tithing and they aren't having families. The people down here where I am go to the
Switzerland temple, because it’s 45 minutes away by car. So even when the Paris
temple does come, they'll still go to the Switzerland one regularly. And
missionaries aren’t allowed to go to the temple because it’s outside our
mission boundaries.... But that’s cool about the other Provo temple.
No comments:
Post a Comment