Friday, April 19, 2013

April 17, 2013


Hey,
 
I went to San Francisco on Tuesday. I didn't go with any of the Elders in my district though. I'm actually really lucky and blessed to be with the people in my district. They're really cool. I'm scared for when we leave that we'll be with other people hahaha these guys are my good friends now!
 
When we were driving to airport, we drove on University Parkway... We went past Kohls, the mall, Yogurtland, Hillcrest, (and for Chase) Dicks and Big 5.... 
 
When I was at the airport I saw the news about the Marathon. How terrible. On another note, I also talked to this random guy there and he works for the church (what a coincidence) and he said that in a month or two they've set up a system so they can transport missionaries from the MTC to the airport by using Trax. Like how Camron goes to work. That's cool.
 
So I'm trying to remember all of the questions mom/dad/maren/chase/everyone else asked me in the letters. Here it goes.
 
Elder Ganjanakrit (guy from Thailand) was baptized in 2000. He was 12 years old. His parents and brother got baptized also but his brother isn't very active now. His ancestry is mostly from China. So he's mostly Chinese. He teaches all of us Thai and Mandarin. I know how to say hi, bye, thank you, and banana. Funny story...... The word for banana in Thai is "gway." But if you say it any other way like guoay, wooay, way, goooway, it means elephant nuts..... haha So in class Elder Eldredge said really loud and clear, "I like to eat gway!" But he said it the other way and Ganjanakrit started laughing really loud and we all were laughing and it was hilarious.
Another thing about Ganjanakrit, He also has graduated from college! That's weird. He graduated with a degree in business. 

One last thing, and the most important................... I've already told you in a letter, but........ use DearElder.com to write me whenever you want!!!!!!!!
It's super fast, easy, and convenient. Just search for me then write me a letter. You can send as many as you want. I get the letters after Lunch and Dinner
everyday!!! So you can send me a letter just telling me about the day, everyday! And anyone can use it!
 
I also found out my ending date for when I'm done being a missionary and come home: March 17, 2015... I dont know why they told us that now, but whatever.
 
Well, see ya. Love, Coop
 
P.S. What happened with the Jazz? I hope they didn't make it. If they did, they're just going to get swept by the Thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment