Friday, April 19, 2013

April 9, 2013


Hey,
 
So this is my email I'm using now. I'll send emails and pics and stuff through this email every week. But like I said in my letter, I'm not going to send pics until I'm out of here. You only get 30 minutes of computer time on your P-day, and there are only about 10 computers throughout the whole MTC that can actually upload pics (which takes about 15 minutes to do), and it is always packed with people in there so I just won't send any pics yet. And there aren't really anything to take pictures of anyways....
 
Anyways, my companions name is Elder Turley. He's from Tremonton, Utah, and he's 19 and goes to Utah State. He's pretty cool. We get along well. Elder Eldredge is in my district too, like I said in the letter, and he's really funny. There's also Elder Stucki, from AF, and Elder Bates, from West Point, Utah. We're all 19 except for Elder Ganjanakrit, who is 25... He's from Thailand. He teaches us Thai all the "thaim." We all get along really well, surprisingly. There are also 5 girls in our district too. One's from California somewhere but moved to Utah a few months ago, one's from Highland, one's from AF, one's from Alpine, and one is from Alaska. She tells us about Alaska all the time and how awesome it is. She said that during the summer the sun is up for about 22 hours. And during the winter the sunrise is at 10:30am and the sunset is at 3:30pm. That would be miserable. And the one girl from Alpine said she knows our cousin Sierra by the way.
 
So, cool story from Sunday. There was the weekly Sunday devotional here at night but the speaker was actually Vocal Point! You know, the acapella group from BYU. They all sang hymns and some of them talked about their missions as well. It was pretty cool.
 
French is really hard. It's hard for me to memorize all of the phrases but I'm still trying! Also, I don't feel like our teacher is teaching us that well either........ But she told us a disgusting story though. She went to France on her mission also and she said that before she left the MTC, they all had to have a physical. But instead of a urine test, they had a poop test... Weird. She also told us that her companion at the MTC was Elizabeth Smart. So I guess that's her claim to fame.
 
So we have to teach this "investigator" totally in French every so often and it's really hard, obviously. So yesterday Me and Elder Turley were teaching him about prayer, but ironically we forgot to say an opening prayer. hahahaha
 
Another thing, some people in our district have gotten their itinerarys to fly to San Francisco this Thursday to get their visas. Apparently the French embassy is there.  I haven't gotten anything yet but I probably will soon. So I guess i'll be in San Francisco this Thursday. I'll take some pics there I guess. And hopefully we can get tickets to a Giants game... jk.
 
Any surprising news from Orem? What about the Final Four? I'm guessing Lousiville beat Michigan in the championship. Also if anybody is preparing for a mission, tell them to start memorizing the Purpose for missionaries in Preach my Gospel in English and whatever other language they're going to speak, as well as the First Vision from JSH 1: 16-17. You definitely need to know that.
 
Also, the food here is not that good... It's just normal cafeteria food from BYU.. and they have Creamery ice cream also, but it's not that good either.
One more thing, if you can send a bottle of body wash. The bar of soap will not last long at all! Body wash would be way more helpful.
 
Well, my 30 minutes are up. See ya!
 
Love, Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment